Jan 2022- Avatar
Tap on any hint box to view it.
- Find the different words in the word search
- Read the leftover letters: BEHOLD THE LETTERS ON LINES ONE SIX AND TEN TO GET AN ANSWER
- The answer is SOUTH POLE
- Get the answers to the different clues. Notice that some of them contain the words “ant” and “ear”
- Figure out which words went to Katara and which went to Sokka
- Index into the first letter for Sokka’s words, and the second letter for Katarra’s words
- Read the leftover words: reed write two left
- Using the inputs and outputs, figure out what each component does.
- The first function is to take off the last letter
- The second function is to take the opposite
- Once you have all the functions, run ORE through the entire chain
- Each letter represents a different digit. (Cryptarithm)
- If a letter 1 added to letter 2 is still letter 1, letter 2 is zero.
- If two three letter words add to a four-letter word, the first letter of the four letter word must be one.
- Letter key: W =0,O=1,D=2,E=3,A=4,R=5,C=6,N=7,P=8,H=9
- There are two words that correspond to each line, one from before Aang bent the air current (solid line), and one from after Aang bent the wind current (dashed line)
- The compass clues you in on where the “direction” of the wind current is in each word
- The first word for each line is as follows: Perfect, Answer, Trojanwar, Oatmeal, User, Unwind, Runway, Beeswax, Pioneer
- The second word for each line is as follows: Nectar, Werewolf, Swarm, Swallow, Writer, Swindle, Saying, Saxophone, Swerve
- The direction changes between the first word and the second word. Take note of the bolded “flag” in the flavor text.
- Use semaphore and the 2 directions to decode: WHIMSICAL
- Notice how the words from previous answers contain similar letters for their starts and ends.
- If you take all the letters that overlap, you get NE, W, RE, and AL
- Placing these in the context of the avatar cycle, ALBACORE (water) overlaps with REFINE (earth) to get RE, REFINE overlaps with NEPHEW (fire) to get NE, WHIMSICAL (air) overlaps with NEPHEW to get W, and WHIMSICAL and ALBACORE overlap to get AL.
- Put them all together to get RENEWAL
- Use the clues to match the cabbage destroyers to the location, as well as the order that Gan-Lan visited each location.
- First destination was Omashu.
- Last destination was Wan Shi Tong’s library
- Use the number for each location and index into the cabbage destroyer. For example: Sokka (1) = S
- Using the answer spaces on the bottom, fill in the index for each location.
- You will get the answer: LOTUS