April 2021 - Greek Mythology
Tap on any hint box to view it.
Location: Persephone's Abduction
- Each clue corresponds to two opposite words: one for when Persephone solved the puzzle in July and one for when she solved it in January.
- Fill out the two different crosswords - the words that are related to July are for “ABOVE” and the words that are related to January are for “BELOW.”
- Following the alphabetical indicators, the grayed-out letters can be put together to form the answer.
- The "ABOVE" answers are SUMMER, GROW, SPRING, FERTILE, and GREEN.
- The "BELOW" answers are WINTER, WITHER, AUTUMN, BARREN, and WHITE.
- Each shape corresponds to one of the different operations.
- The operations should be performed on the person’s assigned speed-dating number to get the number of the person that they fell in love with.
- Connect all the dots. The letters that are not crossed out make the answer.
- The effects of the arrowheads are as follows: X=add letters, Square= /3, Triangle = *2, Heart= -2, Circle= -5.
- King Midas took the path with the words that contain AU, the periodic table's symbol for gold
- Take the first letters of his path to determine the next step.
- The remaining answers all have the periodic table's symbol for either silver (AG), copper (CU), or iron (FE).
- Take the first letters of the non-path answers to get the final clue.
- The path answers are sAUce, pAUper, AUtomatic, cAUse, exhAUsted, sAUerkrAUt, nAUghty, overhAUl, tAUt, inAUguration, nAUsea, pAUse, AUstralia, thesAUrus, hAUnted.
- The first letters of the path answers spell SPACES NOT IN PATH, hinting to look off-path for the next step.
- The non-path answers are forAGe, lasAGna, octAGon, wAGe, eAGer, rAGe, stAGe, world CUp, inCUbator, teaCUp, hairCUt, transFEr, half liFE, ofFEnd, reFEree, news FEed, saFE.
- The first letters of the non-path answers spell FLOWERS WITH THORNS
- All the words on the left contain the letters for “hope”
- The words on the right correspond to a word on the left, after removing the letters for hope and adding an additional letter.
- Read the extra letters in numerical order as shown on the left.
- The answers on the left are PLAYHOUSE, BELLHOP, SUPERHERO, SHOPPER, SEMAPHORE, HEPTAGON, ORPHANAGE, and ATROPHIED.
- The answers on the right are ASTRID, ASYLUM, BALL, DREAMS, GIANT, REAGAN, RULERS, and SPAR.
Theseus and the Minotaur
- Piece together the maze into a 3 by 3 grid. Paths will not dead-end on a seam.
- Vs will always be rotated in the correct orientation.
- The minotaur's square is located in the center of the maze.
- Theseus's square is located in the bottom left corner of the maze.
- Figure out the path that Theseus took to get to the Minotaur.
- Each square that Theseus walks through contains letters that correspond to a Roman numeral.
- Use the code sheet to figure out what letters the Roman numerals correspond to.
Meta: The Story of Echo
- Each answer to the word clues corresponds to one of the answers from the main set.
- Shift the final letters by the same amount as the gray letters were shifted. The shift tool helps do this quickly.
- The clue answers are ARMOR, NOSES, MELODIES, and LOCKSMITH.
- SHE FADED AWAY
Bonus: Perseus and Medusa
- Every single box around the 7 (excluding the one with the 4) contains a statue.
- Once you have all the statue locations, split the map into six 3x2 grids.
- Read each 3x2 section as a Braille character.